This error happens because the evaluation period has expired.
1. After the purchase, EDWinXP can be used indefinitely.
2. If necessary, obtain evaluation extension code for few more days.
After installation and while invoking EDWinXP, the splash screen vanishes and the software is not able to access.
1. It can be due to the missing of registry key of Liveupdate
1. Run the Live update utility to fix this problem
When trying to invoke EDWinXP, a message “Unauthorized copy” pops up.
1. This can be caused when one version of EDWinXP is installed over a previous installation of EDWinXP (same or different version) in the same computer.
2. If the license of EDWinXP installed on a system is changed.
3. If the ARTWRK.BIN file is missing from the installation folder
1. Take the complete backup of the files from JOB, LIB directories etc.
2. Uninstall previous installed version from the system, if possible, backup the license to a floppy disk or a USB flash memory.
3. Delete the EDWinXP installation folder.
4. Install the new version/ current version in administrator mode.
5. License EDWinXP with the retrieved license or with an appropriate activation code. If it hasn't worked, please send us your product ID along with full purchase details for providing you the new activation code
While invoking EDWinXP, the message “Invalid text to decrypt” pops up.
This error mainly occurs when the software is installed and licensed in User mode. Other causes can also arise to create this error.
1. Install and license EDWinXP in administrative mode.
2. If EDWinXP is not working, select the EDWinXP.exe from the installation folder and choose Run as Administrator
Note: Please always confirm that EDWinXP is installed in Administrative mode.
3. If nothing helped, send us the Product ID with full purchase details of EDWinXP.
“Some of the system files are out of date, update with newer files”
This error occurs if the operating system files are older when compared to the files of EDWinXP.
1. Delete the ‘Setup1.exe’ file from C:\WINDOWS for Windows XP and from C:\WinNT for Windows 2000 machines. Then run the Setup.exe from the EDWinXP CD or from the unzipped file.
2. Check whether the environment variables are correctly set for the TEMP and TMP folders.
"Unable to access drive".
This error occurs due to the missing files in the network path.
Map the Network drive before installation.
"There is not enough disk space on drive” " An estimated additional bytes are needed."
This occurs due to the limited space in the hard disk drive.
Free more space in the hard disk to install EDWinXP.
This is caused due to the Actbar.ocx file missing in the EDWinXP folder
Copy the Actbar.ocx file from the EDWinXP CDROM and paste it to the EDWinXP installation folder.
When trying to install from a network drive the following error pops up
When clicking on the ‘Next’ button, another error appears which states ‘Not a valid path.’
This error is caused mainly when EDWinXP is installed through a network.
Map the network drive before installation
When trying to uninstall EDWinXP, a message as “Cannot find Uninstall Log file” pop up .This causes EDWinXP cannot be uninstalled properly.
This errors occurs if the install.log file is missing from the EDWinXP directory or if the contents of the file is changed.
Please don’t delete or change the install.log file in the EDWinXP folder.
“EDWinXP is not properly installed.
Please re-run setup at a later time to install the application properly”
This error occurs if the installation is cancelled while the software is installing.
Please don’t exit the installation while it is in progress
ActiveX can’t create Object
This error usually occurs when after an operating system update is done. This can be a hotfix, service pack update, in certain cases it can be due to mismatch in the EDWinXP, or Antivirus updation.
Run Unregister.exe and register the dll, exe, ocx files. If this didn’t fix the problem, then reinstall EDWinXP.
EDWinXP won’t run in user mode in computers having NTFS file system.
Refer this PDF
Method of Object failed
This error mainly occurs in the library.
Reinstall EDWinXP and license it.
• While requesting for activation code, the Product ID should be sent along with full purchase details. The details should contain the information furnishing the version of EDWinXP, type of License and type of EDWinXP.
a. EDWinXP version – 1.61/ 1.70 / 1.71
b. Type of License – Non Commercial/ Commercial/ Small Biz
c. Type of EDWinXP – Schematic/ Standard/ Deluxe/ Professional.
• Instead of Floppy disk, you can use USB drive for retrieving the license
• The product ID will be varying with respect to time, but the activation code given for a product ID for a specific computer will be valid for licensing EDWinXP in that machine.