1. Select a project in EDWinXP → Double click on PCB Layout. A Layout Editor window will pop up.
2. Select Preferences → “Tear Drop” pads. A tear drop/ Taper autogeneration window will pop up.
3. Set autogeneration options to current placement layer and checked the tear drops/taper on component SMD Pads and click on Accept button
4. Select Copper from tools → click on Create copper graphic item → Tear drop and select solder layer.
5. Then select the component layer
6. Select Fabrication Manager → Artwork . A window will pop up,click on Set to Used option → Accept.
7. Set component layer option