Enterprise License Manager
EDWin 2000 ServicePacks
Valor Universal Viewer
PCB Design Services
Specification and Guidelinesfor creating EDWin Library
1. The requirement for library will be given by VIPL. They will also give you the specification of the components and the manufacturer of preference.
2. The library created without the requirementplaced by VIPL will summarily be rejected.
3. All the library components should be in the quality range specified by VIPL.
4. The symbols have to be created with the strict manner as specified in the standard provided.
5. All the packages/ padstacks /foot prints have to be created with JEDEC/EIA/IPC standard and the same should be named accordingly. All the packages should carry equivalent JEDEC/EIA/IPC names in addition to its real name.
6. A detailed list has to be provided with library in .xls (or equivalent .txt ) format carrying following fields. Part – Package – Symbol – Padstack – JEDEC/EIA name – remarks etc.
7. All the part/symbol/package should contain following information with strict specification as in field editor
a.Thermal parameters - min power dissipation
- max power dissipation
- Jn to case thermal resistance
- Case to air thermal resistance
b. Simulation Parameters if available
c. Part description
d. Manufacturer – In case of new manufacturer inform VIPL in order to update the bowser.ini.
g. Package type
h. Prefix (U – general IC, Q- Transistor, R- Resistor, C- Cap)
*Consult VIPL if any prefix needed for new type.
8. All the symbol names should be given according to the guidelines provided by VIPL in strict sense. If you are in need of any new type, please consult VIPL
9. All the library created has to be updated using the field editor and it should be in “Ready-to- use” format
10. In the case of same part replicated in different names, follow the guidelines
a. No need of replicating the same part in different names if the package is same
b. The part may be replicated if it uses different layouts.
Eg. 7400 and 7400D are allowed.
The above condition may be replaced with the following.
For each package and symbol created, maximum number of parts has to be created using the ordering information obtained from the manufacturer. Then the library components counted on the basis of newly created Symbol, Package and Parts. The usage of existing package for creating a Part will be treated separately.
11. If the library created with a data CD which is not available with VIPL, a copy of the same need to be submitted along with the library.
12. If any requirement for customer library support, the same will be informed by the VIPL and the library has to be sent to VIPL with a maximum of 48 working hours.
Valor Universal Viewer
Simulation Model Support
Copyright © Visionics Sweden HB. Visionics is a trade name of Visionics Sweden HB. All Rights Reserved.