Allows exporting the selected project contents to GenCAM format. This is a special format generated, which is accepted by photoplotter other than Gerber.
It identifies the generic requirements for implementation of product manufacturing description data and transfer.
GenCAM helps users transfer design requirements and manufacturing expectations from computer-aided design systems to computer-aided manufacturing systems for printed board fabrication, assembly and test. IPC-2511A establishes the rules and protocol of describing data for electronic transfer in a neutral format.
Export in ODB++ Format
1. Open the EDWinXP project.
2. The dialogue box appears as shown below:
3. Click on Circuit (MAINHEIR) and Select PCB Layout.
4. Right-Click PCB Layout and Select Fabrication Manager.
5. The diagram appears as shown above:
6. Now Click on Fabrication and Select Exports and it appears as shown below:
7. Select ODB++ and Click on Compressed output (.tgz) and Export.